Carb-counting and thumb-twiddling
Because it looks like we’re staying in the city for holy week, I decided to list things I needed (okay, wanted) to do.
It’s Thursday and what have I done so far? Let’s see.
1. No, I haven’t given moving out much thought. The place I wanted, which I thought would be available this week, was reserved by someone else. Another unit will be available after May. I have a few more weeks to do my thinking.
2. Nope, have not written anything – except for Facebook posts and a couple of blog entries.
3. Nope, have not written any articles yet. Not in the mood.
4. Haven’t started the book either.
5. Haven’t finished “Further Under The Duvet” yet – but I did read a couple of pages just a few minutes ago.
6. Haven’t gone swimming either.
7. And I haven’t seen House, Ugly Betty or Grey’s Anatomy.
8. I played bingo with the kids! And lost!
9. I haven’t proceeded with my Hollywood invasion.
10. I have successfully avoided carbs. The ultimate test of my will power was Jill’s carbonara. Can’t believe I managed to resist. Day eight of the Atkins diet and I think I’ve been doing good.
So yeah, clearly, I haven’t been following my list.
I have been doing other things though.
I watched Paper Heart, Funny People, Forgetting Sarah Marshall, half of The Invention of Lying, The Hangover and a few episodes of The Nanny.
I fried cheese franks and a shitload of chicken nuggets.
I read Anne Bird’s “33 Reasons My Brother Scott Peterson Is Guilty” and now I want to buy the book written by Laci Peterson’s mom.
I freaked because I found out that the sugar-free gum I’ve been turning to whenever I feel the craving for something sweet contains 57 grams of carbohydrates in every box. I am turning into a carb-counting weirdo. Yes, it’s scary.
I played too much Petville.
Four days left to do more interesting things. I think I’ll start with Ugly Betty.